It’s no surprise fruit is used frequently in scripture to denote a result of behavior. The fruit of the spirit, the fruit of light, fruitless deeds of darkness. The list goes on and on.
Just as the fruit of our thoughts, heart, and hence our behavior burst forth to affect our surroundings and create light; the fruit of various plant based substances also creates the light of life and nourishment.
My top 10 favorites for fighting inflammation and helping the blood vessels heal are:
- Blueberries—–Did you know there is a blueberry council? Tips on growing blueberries and recipes are found there. Nice. I love that blueberries are rich in Vitamin C and fiber; all good for cellular repair. Their bright blue color provides necessary antioxidants cells also need.
- Cherries——Yes! These bright red power packed delights help fight inflammation with their Vitamin C and help restore cell walls with a good dose of Vitamin A.
- Blackberries—You just can’t go wrong with the dark colors of this juicy berry. Full of fiber, flavonoids, and B vitamins blackberries help rebuild blood vessel walls and promote healing.
- Raspberries——Another deep red fruit to provide antioxidant properties that line the cells with vitamin C, folic acid, and manganese.
- Strawberries——More red deliciousness to balance out the effects of wear and tear on the body. Also, more vitamin C and fiber to boost the immune system.
- Lemons—–The most powerful fruit (in my opinion) that works as a natural diuretic and liver detoxifier. Add this to your hot water in the morning for a quick immune system boost.
- Apples—–Full of fiber, antioxidants, more vitamin C and magnesium. Magnesium relaxes blood vessels. Eat your apples.
- Kiwi—-green goodness with beautiful black seeds. You know your eating good when this juicy fruit tops your yogurt in the morning. This fruit contains a good amount of potassium, vitamin C and E, all good for feeding the cells.
- Avocado—–Good amount of monounsaturated fat, fiber, potassium! Also so good for energy balance, metabolism requirements, and nourishing the body.
- Mangos—-Provide a nice supply of vitamins C, A, and folate. All necessary vitamins to bring a body back into alignment and heal.
Enjoy these lovely fruits God provides from the garden and places in your local grocery store. They will sustain energy requirements, provide vital nutrients, satisfy a sweet tooth, and help repair damage caused by daily exposure to cell depriving substances.